The Prize is a worldwide contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists. The Prize is an important contribution to the open participation of younger artists in the dynamic cultural development of societies in global transition. The Prize will emphasize the strong commitment of leading international artists for the next generation of artists and the future of art.
- The main prize winner receives US$ 100,000 split between a $60,000 cash prize and a $40,000 investment in their practice.
- Up to 5 special prizes are awarded at the discretion of the jury. A total amount of US$ 20,000 will be awarded to special prize winners for supporting projects that develop their artistic practice.
- All artists aged 35 or younger from anywhere in the world, working in any medium are invited to apply for the Prize.
An outstanding selection committee, appointed by a distinguished international jury, reviews every application and nominates 20 artists for the short list. These artists will be commissioned to create new works that go on display at the PinchukArtCentre in Kyiv. Subsequently, all of them will present their works in the Future Generation Art Prize exhibition at the Venice Biennale.
Conditions of Entry
- Participants must be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Participants must fill in all fields of the Application Form and upload a photo/video of between 3 (three) and 7 (seven) of their artworks meeting the size limitations as outlined in the Entry Form.
- The artwork(s) must be the participant’s own work(s). The participant hereby warrants that he/she has full title to the artwork(s), that he/she has all rights to submit the artwork(s) on these Terms and Conditions and from the moment of submission he/she will not enter into any commitments (by way of agreement or otherwise) which may limit their participation in the Prize or in the Prize Exhibition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- Each participant may apply only once during the Application Session
- A group of artists can apply as one participant; at the same time any artist who belongs to a group that has applied can apply individually as a separate participant;
- Each participant agrees to take part in the Prize Exhibition if selected by the Selection Committee;
- Every participant agrees to pass to the Organizers all rights to use an image of his artwork(s) for publication and communication without any payment as long as its use is not damaging and/or intended to damage his/her reputation as an artist;
- Entry forms and other information submitted by participant can be reviewed by the Organizers at any time to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- A participant may not amend their entry form or any other information once it has been submitted;
- Registration and participation in the Prize is free of charge;
- A participant may be asked at any time to provide all relevant proof of the accuracy of any submitted information to the satisfaction of the Organizers;
- An Application shall be deemed accepted once the participant receives confirmation by email. If the entry form is not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the participant will not receive confirmation by e-mail;
- The Organizers and the Selection Committee have the unilateral right to exclude a participant’s application which does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.